Friday, February 1, 2008

Prayer Requests

So yesterday we were doing prayer requests- not that unusual for my class. My fairly odd student had her hand raised. This is the request that transpired. *students name has been altered for their protection.



Me: "Sarah do you have a request?"

Sarah: "Safe trip to the war."

Me: "The war? Is someone you know going to war?"

Sarah: "Yeah, me....(everyone looking so confused)...the S.E.A. We have to battle. It gets nuts."

Me: still confused "O-oh okay. We will certainly be praying for that."



No explanation. No S.E.A is ______. We just moved on. Later I prompted and she told me that her family is into like those original colonies reenactment groups. I knew that already...She continued to tell me, "One time my parents went to Apple Bee's and no one wanted to serve them because they were in their S.E.A. outfits. My dad was wearing his mail suit and had his sward drawn for all to see."

How could I not laugh a little?! How do people get into stuff like that? Do you wake up one morning and turn to your husband saying, "I can think of nothing hotter than you all dressed up like a peasant!" Pass.

I am thankful for a weekend- its been a long time coming. Happy Friday!