Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentines Day!

Valentines Day in fifth grade is a big stinking day! My students have planned, connived, plotted, and taken care to design this day to be just perfect for their sweethearts...all secretly of course. They are on the verge of busting out as total balls of hormones and this is truly their first Valentines Day that matters...or so they think.


I couldn't help but laugh this morning as I was passing out candy grams. For the past two weeks NJHS has been selling candy grams: Write a message and pick a type of candy and they will deliver it on Valentines Day. I had some students send out 30 and more and some only send a few. The point is, you can confess your undying devotion to someone in your class or another without them even knowing who you are. I just love it because I have had to painfully analyze their hand writing all year long- I now know who every boy in this class is crushing on.

Here are a few of my favorites:


"I like you eye."


"You pretty"


"um um...Happy V-day"


"Hi"


"You are good at sports."


I like the first one the best...he likes her eye- not both eyes...just one. The other one he can take or leave. I also like the nervousness you can sense behind them (i.e. you- not your or um um.)

I got some sweet grams:


"Hi. From Tyler and Alec" (x3...of the exact same thing)


"Happy Valentines Day....My mom wrote that."


So, have a great V-day and grow up a bit- tell your Valentine who you are...

Blessings!

*MB*